Granular Insights, Inc. (“Clarisights”, “we” or “us”) is a cloud-based marketing intelligence platform that helps
marketing teams collaborate on and get insights from cross-channel data. Clarisights respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting the information of visitors
to the website (“Visitors”) and individuals or entities that register to use the Clarisights products and services through
protecting, and disclosing information in relation to Visitors of the website, clarisights.com (“Website”), Clarisights’
marketing activities, and Customers accessing and using the products and services available on the Website (collectively,
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information collected through the Website, through your use of the Product, through our marketing activities and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with the below policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or register to use the Product through our Website.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
Personal information we collect and how we collect it
Information you provide to us:
1. You provide to us your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Website such as when you request a demo or to contact sales. This personal information may include: first and last name, company name, size of your company, job title, monthly advertising spends, work email address, phone number, the content of your request.
2. You may also share personal information with us through our Website when you sign up to register for an event, to receive our newsletter, subscribe to our blog, register for an online webinar, download a whitepaper or complete a survey.
3. In order to access and use the Product, you are required to register for an account with us. When you register for an account, you may provide personal information to us, including first and last name, email address, company name, telephone number, physical address, username and password.
4. You may also provide Clarisights with your personal information at a marketing event.
Information we collect automatically:
3. The data automatically collected from cookies and web beacons may include information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language) and details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data and logs, page views, length of visit and website navigation paths as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address and how you interact with our Product. We collect this data in order to help us improve our Website, the Product and the user experience with our Website and Product.
4. Clarisights currently does not support Do Not Track signals set by your browser because there is not an industry or legal standard for these signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
5. The information we collect automatically may also include statistical and performance information arising from our Customers’ use of our Product and Visitors to our Website. This type of data will only be used by us in an aggregated and anonymized manner.
Information from third party sources:
1. Clarisights may obtain personal information about you from third parties, including, but not limited to, marketing event organizers, partners and resellers. This information may include your first and last name, company name, job title, work email address, phone number and address. Clarisights requires that any third party providing it with information has obtained the information lawfully and the third party has obtained the appropriate consent to share the information with Clarisights.
The way Clarisights uses your personal information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information, in order to respond to a request from you, to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, to provide you with notices and for other purposes with your consent as described below.
1. We use the personal information you provide to us when you fill in forms on our Website to respond to your request and to contact you about that request. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interest in communicating with you and fulfilling your requests.
2. We may use your personal information to provide the Product to you as well for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Website, the Product or for customer service purposes). Our legal basis for processing this personal information is in the performance of our contract to provide the Product or other services to you.
3. We also use the personal information you provide to us for the purpose of operating our Website, ensuring the security and integrity of our Website and Product and maintaining back-ups of our databases. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of and security of our Website and Product.
4. For data and information that we collect through tracking technologies about your interaction with our Website and Product, we use this information for analyzing the use of the Website and Product in order to improve the quality and design of our Website and the user experience with our Website and Product. Our legal basis for processing this type of data is our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with a better user experience.
5. We may use the personal information you provide to us at marketing events, when you register for an online webinar or download a whitepaper for the purpose of offering, marketing and selling products and services to you. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
WHEN CLARISIGHTS DISCLOSES INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us as described below. Clarisights does not share or sell your personal information with any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
1. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
3. We may share your personal data and information if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, respond to a court order, subpoena or a government request (such as a search warrant). If a government requests or other legal process requires Clarisights to disclose your personal data, then Clarisights will use reasonable efforts to provide you with prior notification of the disclosure unless Clarisights is prohibited by law from doing so.
4. Clarisights also reserves the right to disclose your personal data that Clarisights believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) enforce our agreements and policies, including for billing and collection purposes, (ii) protect the security or integrity of the Website or Clarisights’ products and services; or (iii) protect or defend Clarisights’ legal rights.
5. In the event that Clarisights is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign your personal data we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
6. Clarisights may disclose non-personally identifiable information about Visitors to the Website or our Customers’ use of the Product that does not identify any individual in the aggregate in published studies without restriction. Clarisights will not compromise the confidentiality of your personal data in publishing these studies or publish any identifying information.
7. Clarisights may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
CUSTOMER END USER DATA
While Clarisights recognizes that an individual has the right to access, delete and amend the data collected about that individual, Clarisights does not have a relationship with the Customer End Users but rather only with our Customers. If you are a Customer End User and you would like to access, amend or delete your data, then you need to contact the Customer directly.
Clarisights only retains the Customer End User Data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as necessary to provide the Product to our Customers or as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce any agreement.
The data servers Clarisights uses to provide the Website and Product are located in Germany. By interacting with the Website or using the Product, you understand that your personal data will be transferred to Germany and you consent to such transfer.
For the actions of third party agents Clarisights engages to process data on our behalf, Clarisights remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if a third party agent processes the personal data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless Clarisights proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Clarisights uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is also encrypted and stored on our secured servers behind firewalls.
However, you are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other information used by you to access the Website or use the Product. While Clarisights does its best to protect your personal data, Clarisights cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website because the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of your personal information is done at your own risk and Clarisights cannot guarantee that such personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Clarisights learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Clarisights may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
Our Retention Practices
Clarisights does not knowingly collect personal information directly from Visitors of the Website that are under the age of 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website or register on the Website to use the Product. If we learn that a child under 16 has directly provided us with their personal information through the Website, then we will delete that information. If you believe a child under 16 has registered for an account on the Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
Automated Decision Making
Clarisights does not use any personal information provided by you for the purpose of automated decision-making.
Other Websites; Links
As part of our commitment to the Privacy Shield Principles, if you are a resident of the European Union or Switzerland and you have a privacy or data use concern, please contact Clarisights directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and Clarisights will use its best efforts to address your concern within 45 days of receipt of your complaint.
For any Privacy Shield disputes that cannot be resolved by the methods above, you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration process under certain conditions. To find out more about the Privacy Shield’s binding arbitration scheme, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
The Federal Trade Commission has investigation and enforcement authority over Clarisights’ compliance with the Privacy Shield Framework.
Granular Insights, Inc.
3260, Hillview Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Your right to file a complaint with a data supervisory authority about our privacy practices remains unaffected.
What are cookies and web beacons?
Cookies are small text files that websites often store on computer hard drives or mobile devices of visitors to their websites. A cookie contains a unique number, which is used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you return to our Website. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. The cookies can be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies are stored by a web browser and remain valid until a set expiration date. Session cookies only exist while your internet browser is open and are automatically deleted once you close your browser.
Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) are small electronic files contained on pages of websites that permit companies to count users who have visited certain webpages on a website and are used for other related website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
What types of cookies and web beacons are used by Clarisights?
There are four categories of cookies and web beacons used by Clarisights. Specifically, Clarisights uses essential, performance, functionality and advertising cookies and web beacons.
1. Essential cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies are necessary for the operation of the Website and Product. These tracking technologies enable you to move around on the Website and use the Website’s features. You may not opt-out of these types of cookies because they are required to operate the Website and Product.
2. Performance cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies collect information about how you have used the Website and Product. We use performance cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies to improve the user experience with our Website and Product.
3. Functionality cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies allow us to remember how you are logged into our Website, when you logged in or out and the actions you have taken while you have been logged into the Website.
4. Advertising cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies are used by our third-party service providers to deliver advertising to you on other third-party websites as well as help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We also use these types of cookies to analyze Website visits and ad conversions from third-party websites.
What are your choices about cookies?
It is your choice as to whether or not to accept cookies. Most browsers allow you to configure the browser settings so that cookies from websites cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. If you choose not to accept cookies, then you may be able to continue browsing our Website but we may not be able to provide you with certain features. If you want to opt out of advertising or performance cookies, then you may do so by reviewing the privacy policies of the third party service providers who serve the advertising and performance cookies. If you would like further information about cookies and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.